Saturday, March 17, 2007

How do you react to dislike

How does one react to the apparant dislike of someone else that is close to someone you like.
You cannot escape from it because the one disliking you not being there would make the person important you sad.
In other words you need the person there since otherwise the important person to you will be sad and naturally you want her happy but still you keep getting this nagging feeling of being unwanted.
This causes a conflicting feeling of wanting to be near one person, while constantly feeling that you're not welcome by another one.
And all of this is unspoken.
It's just the attitude.
The treatment that you means nothing at all.
This silent thing that makes you constantly sad and feeling meaningless.
And still one stands it, since it's the only way to be close to the one bringing you joy.
Suffer in silence? Or give up and move on?
What would you do?

1 comment:

Rev Eponym said...

Princess -- The situation you describe seems painful indeed. I think a possible answer might be to work on the problem itself. If I were constantly required to be in the presence of someone whom I didn't like, I would feel compelled to work on the relationship with that person. I'd try and talk with the person, to attempt some kind of understanding. If that person was unresponsive, I would take the problem to the one in charge. In the end, if you present yourself as a peaceful person whose motives aren't in question, no one can remain in conflict with you for long without undermining themselves.

Sorry this is so abstract. I think I know the names of the people involved, but of course I'm not at liberty to name them.

Good luck!
.R.